DRONE PILOT GROUND SCHOOL
- Review the program objective, guiding questions, and words to know.
- Watch the video.
- Complete your Flight Log assignments(s). Remember, your teacher provides you your Flight Log.
Welcome to the certification section of your Drone Education Program. Remember, Drone Pilot Ground School is where you learn the information you need to know so you can become a FAA certified UAS pilot. The total program has 8 sections to complete. We encourage you to push forward and complete this training out as soon as you can so you can take your real FAA Part 107 test. Plan on approximately 20 hours of learning within this program. All students are required by DPGS to have individual access as the program is catered for individuals and tracks individual progress.
Goal #1 - Take practice test #1 in section 8 to get a feel for the real FAA Part 107 test which is 60 questions, multiple choice, and has a 2 hour limit.
Goal #2 - Complete the first 7 sections without skipping over any information. Be sure to complete all quizzes in each section and review the feedback for incorrect answers.
Goal #3 - Ace 3 of the 5 practice tests in section 8 and then you are ready to register and take the real FAA Part 107 exam. See our Practest Badge for a fun competitive
Strategy - Students should work on this continuously without too much time between videos for retention purposes. Commit at least 2 -5 hours per week via:
Part 107 UAS Pilot Knowledge Exam, Drone Pilot Ground School, Practice Test, Sections, Test Supplement
Could I begin earning money flying a drone?
Great news! The FAA makes it very clear what is needed to fly a drone for commercial (money making) purposes. Here is exactly what the FAA says:
To become a pilot you must:
Tools for You
FLIGHT LOG ASSIGNMENTS
Instructions: Use the following links to complete your Flight Log assignments.
1. Watch the Ground School overview video (above) to become familiar with the program.
2. Click 'Ground School Login' to login to Ground School using the codes given to your teacher. Enter your coupon code where it says 'Add Coupon Code', click apply, and your fee will disappear. You are then ready to begin. Keep track of your login information and do not loose it as you will need to login frequently from here on out.
3. If you have already registered, use your login information to access your account, and then use the instructions from #2 above.
Complete at least sections 1-3 in Drone Pilot Ground School, and then visit Quizlet again to practice your quiz cards.
Go to section 8.1 and take the practice test to get an idea of your prior knowledge on the test, but also to see what the test is like. Make sure you have the Test Supplement so you can reference the figures it tells you to in the practice test. We provided you that supplement in the Assignment Resources.
!The quizzes built into Drone Pilot Ground School are an excellent way to test your knowledge and solidify your knowledge about the content. Be sure to take your quizzes and review the feedback it provides if you miss a question. Do not skip over these quizzes. The questions in your quizzes are in many cases the same questions on your Part 107 official test.
Your test results will go to your email. Upload a screenshot of your grade to your Flight Log.
Spread your wings! You are on your way to becoming a certified pilot!
Earn your Part 107 Drone License
How can I use my license to earn money?